Visual Artists Ireland Annual ‘Get Together’
- Location: Irish Museum of Modern Art, Royal Hospital Kilmainham
- Date: Friday 26th of August
- Duration: Registration 9am
Don’t miss the 5th annual get together for Visual Artists hosted by Visual Artists Ireland. This year’s influence is the area of opportunity, how do we build them; take advantage of them, and most of all how do we ensure that they are equal. As well as panel discussions, there will be presentations by fellow visual artists who will give insight into how they keep going and where they find their motivation and participants can also look forward to Speed Curating, Portfolio Reviews, Help Desks, Artists Speaking and the Visual Artists Café.
General Admission Tickets include:
- Admission to all Panel Discussions with over 30 experts discussing topics vital to professional visual art practice and impacting the lives of individual artists. Panels include: Equal Opportunities in the Visual Arts: Gender, Spaces to Work, Making the Market, Brexit: How will it Impact Us and the Jason Oakley Art Writing Forum.
- Open access to all Artist Talks presentations. Throughout the day there will be presentations by ten exemplary artists speaking about their work, the development of their careers and their own personal experience as professional visual artists. View the artists and links to their work here.
- Visual Artists Café – A space to meet one another. A space to encourage making new connections, meeting people and sharing networks. There will be representatives from arts organisations and galleries from all over the country.
- The Café will also have Help-Desks to provide information and advice on practical matters such as sustaining a practice, legal advice, copyright, tax, available funding.
- Tasty Lunch!
Book A Place