In this half-day (evening, this time!) workshop we’ll look at everything you ever wanted to know about publishing but were afraid to ask:
- submitting to literary journals, magazines and competitions
- submitting to publishers and agents
- self-publishing (why and when?)
- the money (how much? how little?)
- what do editors really mean when they say… ?
- how do you find an agent?
- what’s the deal with synopses & why are they so painful to write?
- cover letters – what to include (and why)
- word count worries
- how to stay sane when submitting (and getting rejections)
- how to take feedback (without crying)
- keep developing your skills (beyond ‘beginners’)
- what makes a useful critique partner/group?
And anything else that comes up. Writers of any level are welcome.
Facilitator: Claire Hennessy