County Sligo Youth Theatre is seeking a dynamic and experienced Youth Theatre Director to
- Facilitate a programme of drama/ theatre workshops
- Produce at least one annual Sligo Youth Theatre production
- Co-ordinate and manage all activities in relation to the Youth theatre including the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in relation in furthering the artistic vision of the youth theatre
County Sligo Youth Theatre is a vibrant, inclusive organisation, dedicated to developing creativity and confidence in its members and delivers a year round programme for young people including workshops, at least one major play and a number of smaller productions.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years work experience in theatre/drama/youth arts.
- Relevant experience of designing, delivering and leading youth theatre workshops
- Commitment and passion to youth arts and knowledge of the youth theatre field including resources and sources of funding
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to initiate projects and be self–motivated
The position is being offered on an initial contract for services basis, for a three year period, with an initial six month probation period and with an annual renewal based on availability of funding. The successful candidate will be required to work 30 hours a week, which may include evenings, weekends and some bank holidays, and will report to the Chair of the board of Sligo Youth Theatre.
Full Job Description is available at www.sligoyouththeatre.ie.
To apply please send a letter of application and CV to Chairperson, County Sligo Youth Theatre, Lower Quay St., Sligo or e-mail to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday August 24th. Shortlisted candidates are likely to be called for interview during the week of 3rd September. Please note that interviews may be held during a weekend.
Sligo Youth Theatre is funded by Sligo County Council and the Arts Council of Ireland