Individual Artist Bursary Programme 2020
New Closing Date – Friday 17th April, 2019
In light of ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, Leitrim County Council has brought forward the application window for applications under the Individual Artists Bursary programme. The programme is designed to support the development of Leitrim based professional artists from any arts discipline through any means that will demonstratively contribute to an artist’s development such as –
– Costs relating to the development or production of new work – development of new work for exhibition, publication or presentation.
– Research and costs relating to improving your knowledge – Research, residencies or short-term courses including on-line courses; participation in conventional part-time or full-time education where other sources of public funding are unavailable. The extent to which that research is relevant to on-going and planned work, and the creativity and innovation of those ideas and their importance to future audiences, should be clear from your application.
Applications for mentoring and support towards performing or exhibiting abroad are not supported under this programme as there are specific separate funding strands for these purposes. Eligible applicants may apply to all three strands in the same year.
Requirements and notes:
– The programme is open to professional artists* ordinarily basing their practice in County Leitrim.
– The activity for which the artist wishes to apply must be completed before 31 December 2020.
– Completed application forms must be accompanied by artists C.V. images/recordings etc. of previous work and details/supplementary information about the subject of the application.
– Information submitted will only be returned if a stamped addressed envelope is submitted along with the application. If an SAE is not supplied, it is presumed that return of the information supplied is not required.
– All applicants must be members of the Creative Frame network. (see www.creativeframe.eu)
Applications are assessed using the following criteria –
– Track record of artist (or potential for an emerging artist)
– Proven commitment to high quality arts practice, particularly as evidenced in this activity
– Likely impact of artist’s practice on audiences in Leitrim and elsewhere
– Likely benefit of activity to artist’s practice
– (In the case of courses, mentoring, services etc. – the quality and excellence of those activities, mentors, companies or services is a determinant of likely benefit. And in the case of theatre companies or orchestras etc. producing the applicant’s work. – the quality and excellence of those companies and the extent and scale of its presentation is a determinant of likely benefit.)
The value of the awards rises to a maximum of €2,000. While there is no fixed number of awards, there is generally a larger number of lesser value bursaries and a small number of maximum value ones. The quantity and value of bursaries will depend on available resources, number of applicants and the quality of applications.
To download an application visit Leitrim County Council website :http://www.leitrimcoco.ie/